Primary Series Lessons
|8 – 12 year olds||45 minutes||6 – 9 months per level|
This one year, 2 level course is comprehensive and lots of fun. Essential foundation skills are developed through a variety of music scores which teach musical concepts and techniques and provide an opportunity to play solo pieces, and ensemble works.
The Primary Series is designed for students aged 8 to 12 years.
Features and benefits of this course:
- this is a faster moving course for an older age group.
- The ‘Five-Finger’ system allows students to learn the piano as both a harmonic and melodic instrument. It treats the right and left hands as equal partners and establishes a versatility that allows the hands to swap parts with ease.
- the course is comprehensive and incorporates a broad range of styles such as rock, jazz, baroque, and classical.
- Each piece features a particular teaching point such as introducing a new note, a new skill or perhaps reinforcing previous elements within a new context.
- the main teaching point relevant to each piece appears underneath its title.
Included in each Course are:
- Finger Zips – small pieces that develop keyboard skills on a micro level;
- Repertoire Pieces – solo performance pieces;
- Ensembles – to develop part-playing skills, group interaction and team playing;
- Finger Taps – these confirm finger numbers and develop finger sequencing concepts;
- Rhythm Taps – two part rhythm reading and coordination;
- Flash Cards – a proven way to reinforce concepts and develop reading skills; and
- CDs and MIDI Files – these provide an aural model and excite the student’s imagination.
All of our students receive 1 book per level in our 2 Series learning course
- Rock on D
- Grasshoppers’ Feast
- Street Walk
- Dixie 21
- Jungle Cafe